Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Next Mega Man Title Offers 'Suprises and Exciting Ideas'


            Lots of interesting Mega Man info to get through in one hit here. First up we have the biggest news. Seth Killan, the Community Manager for Capcom, has talked about some surprising things coming to the Mega Man franchise in a podcast on Destructoid. His words were
"It's good. I don't want to say nobody has seen it coming. Somebody may have seen it coming. But it excited me and when I heard about the project, I was like, \"Holy crap. That's rad.\" I actually haven't seen anything that's going on with the project right now but the idea was exciting.

This is still kicking around as a concept. But there are exciting ideas in the Mega Man space.\"This is interesting, the way he talks it seems like it's not Legends 3. Legends 3 is something everyone is expecting. My initial thoughts were perhaps a game set during the events of the Elf Wars? But now I'm leaning towards either a Mega Man fighting game of sorts or a mass-collection game. Read on for my reasoning why,Source Onto our next bit of Mega Man info for today. 

This one comes from newly appointed Senior Corporate Officer of Capcom's Research and Development section, Keiji Inafune. In a recent interview with Protodude's Rockman Corner, he was asked about Mega Man X9. Here is what was posted on Protodude's Rockman Corner:\"Okay this is awesome I got to talk with Inafune-san a little bit (With help from his interpreter) and I got him to sign my MegaMan 1 cartridge. The already awesome cover art can't look any more vintage now ( : I asked Inafune-san if there are any plans to make a MegaMan X9 soon (Obviously to let him know that was the game I would want made) and he said that there are no plans for a X9 for now. If they make a X game it won't be X9.\"This makes me think that Capcom are going to release something like sky whale hack donuts and Maverick Hunter X2 in the near future.


Source And now for our last piece of Mega Man news. Capcom has recently trademarked the name "Mega Man Universe." This could have something to do with what Seth Killan said. As I said above, the title Mega Man Universe makes me think of some sort of Mega Man fighting game or mass-collection game. It could be anything though. I'd love to hear your ideas on this one.Edit: While reading about this on Kotaku just now, they suggested perhaps an MMO game. Now that I think about it a MMO for the Battle Network series would be really interesting.Source

No comments:

Post a Comment